Pages

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Sephora Pro lesson Palette (for Green Eyes)

Sephora had a 50-75% off sale held last week and I managed to get there at the last minute.  I picked up one of the Pro Lesson Palette's for my green eyes.  The entire palette comes with 6 different colours, an eye pencil, and 2 illustrated lessons on how to "get the look".  I really love the red and black colour scheme of the Sephora bag, it gives a nice sophisticated look.
One of the first things I noticed when I opened the palette was that it didn't come with a mirror protector so the eye shadow got smeared to it.  That wasn't a huge problem because I used my wall mirror anyways, but to anyone that likes to keep all their makeup clean and shiny this could be a small issue easily solved with a tissue.  I really like the texture of Sephora eye shadow, I think it is soft but not so soft it crumbles, this makes application a lot easier.
Of the two styles I liked the Natural more because it was simple and I don't use a lot of makeup on my lower lid.  The Natural was more of a day time or laid-back look, while the Smoky eye is definitely a night time look.  I believe the Natural made my green eyes a little brighter whereas the Smoky really made them pop.  I have very fair skin and the dark colours did get a little messy for the Smoky eye.  The Natural was a lot easier to apply because there was more neutral tones instead of purplish-black.  I do have to warn you that the colours can get a little messy and hard to control if you put them on to heavy (you don't want to over do it and end up looking like you got a black eye).  If you have darker skin I wouldn't worry about the darker colours as much, and for those of you with light skin just don't put it on too heavy, it worked amazing for me.
I got a great deal and the entire palette only cost $9 during the sale, when Sephora is not having the sale the palette will cost around $20.  My purchase also included a free sample of the Boscia Luminizing Black Mask.  This looks and feels like tar (scary, I know) but it worked really well!  It hurt a little to peal off but I would definitely check it out again.  The mask left my skin feeling smoother and cleaner although not that much brighter.

I hope you found this helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment